M 50mm f/0.95 ASPH
• After more than 30 years, Leica breaks its own record and introduces the world's highest-speed aspherical lens: the LEICA NOCTILUX-M 50 mm f/0.95 ASPH.
• It is the successor to the famous LEICA NOCTILUX-M 50 mm f/1 ASPH., which was added to the product range in 1975.
• Thanks to state-of-the-art optics and mechanical technologies, Leica has succeeded in achieving substantial improvements over the previous model.
• With nearly identical dimensions, a noticeable increase in lens speed has been achieved.
• The extremely shallow depth of field (DOF) at open aperture produces portraits and detailed studies of unequalled aesthetic effect.
• Even when just slightly stopped down, the result is outstanding image quality, comparable to the LEICA SUMMILUX-M 50 mm f/1.4 ASPH, which is considered the best standard lens ever produced.
• When used in available light photography, the lens exceeds the perception of the human eye. Even the light from one candle can be sufficient for handheld photography.
• A "floating element" retains high image quality even in the close-up range.
• Vignetting and distortion have also been visibly improved compared to the 50mm f/1.