Sekonic has introduced the PRODIGI COLOR C-500, the world’s first color meter that is designed for both digital and film capture.
The "R" version, the C-500R has PocketWizard™ wireless triggering built-in.
The meters incorporate four sensors to measure light color and display color temperature and compensation values (LB/CC index or filter numbers) specifically calibrated to the spectral sensitivity of the CCD and CMOS sensors used in digital photography or the spectral characteristics photographic color film.
Professional photographers and cinematographers now have greater control over color than ever before.
The PRODIGI COLOR C-500R includes a built-in radio transmitter module for wireless triggering of PocketWizard receivers up to 100 feet away.
The transmitter is also compatible with selected products from Profoto, Dyna-lite, Photogenic, Norman, and Lumadyne having built-in PocketWizard radio technology.
The meter can transmit with 32 digitally-coded channels with four Quad-Triggering Zones.
Both meters offer illuminance display in Lux (lx) or Footcandles (FC) which are especially useful for cinematographers, videographers and others needing precise brightness control.
• 19 Channel Preset White-Balance/Color Compensation Function
• Color/Brightness Difference Display (Memory Function)
• Electro-luminescent Data Display
• Ambient measurement from EV3 to EV16.3 and Flash light measurement with sensitivity from f/2.8 to f/90.9
• Six Custom Settings that enable displaying shutter speeds in 1/3, 1/2 or full; displaying the selected color temperature in 100K or 10MK-1; LB Index display or 1daMK-1; LB filter display in Kodak/LEE or Fujifilm standards; Illuminance in footcandles or lux, both or no display; and auto power off in 5, 10 or 20 minutes.
• Custom zipper case
• Uses readily available AA-size alkaline, lithium or rechargeable batteries.