This new lens features completely redesigned optics including 2 high-precision Aspherical elements and two totally new UD-glass elements.
The result is superior image quality: better contrast and sharpness at the outer edges, and a reduction in chromatic aberrations that can sometimes be seen with high-resolution digital SLRs.
Its diagonal angle of view is an impressive 114°-anything larger would be a Fisheye lens.
It has a built-in lens hood, and has been dust- and moisture- proofed.
The lens uses a rear focusing system, high-speed CPU, and a powerful ring-type USM with revised electronics for faster, more responsive AF.
This lens continues the proud tradition of superior clarity optics found in L-series Canon lenses.
• Lens Focal Length & Maximum Aperture 14mm f/2.8
• Lens Construction 14 elements in 11 groups
• Diagonal Angle of View 114° (on full-frame cameras)
• Focus Adjustment AF with full-time manual
• Closest Focusing Distance 7.9 in. / 0.2m
• filter holder at rear of lens
• Max. Diameter x Length, 3.2 in. x 3.7 in. / 80mm x 94mm
• Weight 22.8 oz./645g (lens only)