To meet user demands for a fast EF-S zoom lens, Canon has specially designed a new lens with a large aperture of f/2.8 for select Canon Digital SLR cameras.*
• The large circular aperture produces a shallow depth-of-field, creating background blur that draws attention to the photographic subject.
• The lens construction includes UD and aspherical elements, which deliver impressive image quality throughout the entire zoom range.
• Image Stabilizer lens groups shift to compensate for camera movement so that the image appears steady on the image plane, ensuring clear, crisp images, even in dim light.
• With a Ring-type USM, inner focusing and new AF algorithms, this lens achieves autofocus quickly and quietly, and with full-time mechanical manual focusing, manually adjusting the focus is possible even in AF mode.
• * EOS 50D, 40D, 30D, 20D, 20Da, Digital Rebel XT and Digital Rebel only.