LEICA SUMMILUX-M 24 mm f/1.4 ASPH(S7)
• The very high-speed and compact LEICA SUMMILUX-M 24 mm f/1.4 ASPH. gives photo- journalists a new tool for their work.
• The lens is ideal for available light photography.
• Like the 21mm f/1.4, it consists of ten lenses in eight groups.
• Until the advent of state-of-the-art blank-press methods for aspherical lenses, it was not possible to create these new Summilux-M lenses.
• Hand assembled in Solms Germany, this meticulous craftsmanship also ensures long term reliability even in challenging conditions.
• The correction of colour imperfections requires great deal of effort. and to that end this 24mm lens incorporates five separate lenses with anomalous partial dispersion.
• As a result, vignetting and distortion, the parameters traditionally difficult to control in fast wide-angle lenses, are corrected so well that they are hardly noticeable in practice.
• Even at an f-stop of 2.8, in effect, only natural vignetting is present.
• Patented rectangular lens hoods fit Series VII filters.