The FlexTT5’s simple design comes to life through its hot-shoe connection with a camera or flash. Mount a flash or command unit on the FlexTT5 to use the same zone controls and ratio commands as you would normally. The system tracks your changes in ISO, shutter speed and aperture and reacts accordingly to make sure exposures stay right on target. Use the flash compensation dial on your camera or flash just as you would normally and the changes pass seamlessly through the system.
The FlexTT5 has two channel configuration settings; C1 and C2. Each can be programmed as needed with up to 20 ControlTL channels for TTL photography, or 32 standard channels for manual flash photography. The FlexTT5 Transceiver also has a three-zone selector switch for ease of use with Canon zones and ratios.
With PocketWizard HyperSync Technology, the FlexTT5 can precisely advance the timing of your flash trigger so that increased flash sync speeds, up to 1/500th of a second is achievable with many strobes.
Need more speed? Push your ControlTL system beyond 1/500th and go into FP/High-Speed sync mode automatically. Simply change your shutter speed to get flash sync all the way to 1/8000th. No buttons to press or settings to change!
A PocketWizard Utility program is provided to support the FlexTT5 Transceiver via a USB port. The Utility allows you to configure your channel settings, dial in your HyperSync timing, adjust your sleep-mode timers as well as update your product to the latest firmware.
The FlexTT5 also has our Auto-Sensing Transceiver Technology that enables it to switch back and forth between Transmitter and Receiver modes as needed for greater flexibility on the job. When a hot-shoe or other trigger is detected, it automatically switches to Transmitter mode. With Auto Relay Mode you can easily trigger a remote camera in sync with remote flash. Put a camera where you can’t be and use remote TTL or non-TTL lighting at the same time. Expand your coverage and increase your creativity.
- ControlTL: PocketWizard’s new firmware platform taps into the camera’s digital communications to enable an entirely new level of remote flash capabilities through our proven radio system, beginning with remote TTL for Canon E-TTL II systems. ControlTL firmware is configurable and upgradeable for “future-proof” continuous improvement.
- Dedicated E-TTL II Flash Triggering: As soon as you lock the FlexTT5 into E-TTL II flashes and pair with a Canon digital camera with another FlexTT5 or MiniTT1 mounted in the hot-shoe, you have full E-TTL II autoflash exposure control with the freedom and reliability of a PocketWizard radio. There are no special settings to make or modes to call up. Use the camera, on-camera flash or flash commander controls for flash compensation, zone and ratio control.
- Auto-Sensing Transceiver Technology: PocketWizard’s Auto-Sensing Transceiver Technology enables the FlexTT5 Transceiver to switch back and forth between Transmitter and Receiver modes as needed for greater flexibility on the job. All PocketWizard Transceivers default to Receiver mode. When a hot-shoe or other trigger is detected, it automatically switches to Transmitter mode.
- Auto-Relay Mode: Easily trigger a remote camera in sync with a distant remote flashes with Auto-Relay Mode. Put a camera where you can’t be and have remote TTL or non-TTL lighting at the same time. Expand your coverage and increase your creativity.
- Power Tracking: When working in E-TTL II you can change any of your control settings on your flash or camera and the system adjusts for those changes. Change your flash compensation to adjust the exposure or make adjustments in shutter speed, aperture or ISO and the system balances your flash for proper exposure.
- Eight Frames per Second: Never before have you been able to shoot remote E-TTL II at this speed. Nothing else comes close.
- HyperSync: Digital cameras compute and communicate prior to the shutter opening. By utilizing this time the MiniTT1 can precisely fire flashes early to increase your X-sync speed up to 1/500th of a second.
- FP/High Speed Sync: Need more speed? Push beyond 1/500th and go into FP/High-Speed sync mode automatically with E-TTL II flashes. No buttons to press or settings to change other then your shutter speed will give you flash sync all the way to 1/8000th.
- Built-in Hot Shoe: Lock your Canon flash into the FlexTT5’s dedicated hot shoe and combine your remote flash with on-camera flash or use the on-camera flash for additional E-TTL II control only. The metal and glass reinforced resin hot shoe assembly is a superstructure onto itself and incredibly durable. The best part; no more cords.
- FlexTT5 Transceiver for Canon
- USB cable
- Two (2) AA batteries
- Quick Guide